Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Trip Around the World, Taj Mahal




I'm starting to get jet lag from traveling so much, I think this is the 13th of the 21 stops... 8 more to go! The Taj Mahal is a tomb but it looks like a palace... I wonder why. By the way I'm in India.

Taj Mahal appears pink in the morning, white in the day and changes its color to golden in the moon light.


An identical Taj Mahal was supposed to be built in black marble instead of white. The base of it can still be seen across the river.


The Taj Mahal costs in today’s money about US $100 million.


It took 22 years and 22,000 people to complete the Taj Mahal.


The Emperor ordered to chop off the hands of the workers who had constructed the Taj Mahal so no one could make anything like it.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj_Mahal

No comments:

Post a Comment